Chapter 27 - The Suitor


Things were quiet at the summer residence. Almost too quiet.


There was coming strange noises inside from the barn. Was someone in there?


"My King." She smiled as they felt into the haystack.


For the first time in his life, Florian enjoyed the company of a woman.

Besides from his mother and sister, he had not have had any relationships with women. This was his first time to almost fall in love with this mysterious Duchess.


"I think it's working!" The read haired servant clapped her hands while she and the servant was listening discretely outside the barn.

Something was definitely going on in there and they had seen King Florian and his Duchss disappear into the stables just before.


"I want to show you something." The King smiled and was happier than ever. She was truly amazing.

"What is it, My Lord?" She asked excitedly.


The arrived at the front yard, where Alduin The Dragon had been living the past couple a weeks.

He was expensive in meat and cows, but a great defense for the Kingdom.

"Oh My! Is he real? I knew it!" She was excited and would approach the dragon.
Never in her life had she expected to meet one of these creatures.


She touched the dragon and Florian was amazed. How could she not be afraid of this creature?


And then she took her chance and kissed him dearly.




But little did the King know, that Beatrice had a secret.


She was in love with her father's royal commander, the much older Nicholas De Lange. He was hers, and she was his.

Too afraid of telling her father, their love had not be exposed to anyone until now.
She would now ask Florian if she could marry her Knight.



She had been waiting for Florian to take her out for a ride on his mighty horse. Her lady in waiting sat with her for the wait.


"I'm afraid he might say no." Beatrice told her new friend.

As the Lady in Waiting she knew all too well about the secret Knight, though she had only stayed at the mansion for some time.


"I think he knows what is best for you. He is our King after all." She told her Lady.

"Maybe you're right." Beatrice tried not to panic.


Later Florian would take a ride on his horse with Beatrice as promised.

"Florian.. I must tell you something. I am in love with our Royal Commander and I wish to marry him." She looked down while speaking.

It was a shock to Florian, but he must admit that soon she would be a young adult and he would not be able to entertain her with just games and books here at the castle for ever. She was no longer a child.

"Very well, baby sister. If he can duel me and win, I will let him marry you." He said.

She thought about it, and concluded this might be her chance.


The Lord Commander would grab his best sword and have a fight with the King outside the summer residence entrance. Beatrice and her lady was watching the fight.

She hoped so dearly that her Lord Commander would win before her brother.





He was strong and fought well. He had been keeping Praaven safe by slaughtering thousands of southern men with his knights.

Though Florian had conquered a dragon, Royal Commander Nicholas would win in number of combats.

And this would be another contribution to that number.


"I must say, You fight well My Friend." Florian shook his hand and they all knew what that meant. He could have Beatrice.

"I will let you marry my sister if you promise to take good care of her." He said.

"I will protect her as much as I protect my country, My King." He said and Florian knew what that meant.


Beatrice would pack her things some days after that, full of joy of her Lord Commander winning the fight. He was strong indeed.

She had let her hair down and would now take a farewell with her beloved brother, Florian whom she would miss more than anything.


"Are you leaving already?" Florian asked with a happy voice though he was sad of her leaving.

"Yes. Nicholas wants us to find his parents for the Wedding. I hope you will be there." She said.

"I will miss you so much." She hugged her brother and they felt the strong bond between them.

4 comments:

  1. Wedding bells for Beatrice! I'm so happy for her. I don't know why I'm still unsure about the duchess m. She seems nice, but for some reason I can't tell if she is sincere or not. I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe you're right! Acutally I found out, all of the evil female characters in this story has blonde hair.. Arryn's wife, Evelyn and somewhat the dragonlady (?) So maybe it's that which seems alerting! Hehe, but I haven't really decided for her yet ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw she looks so pretty with her hair down :) I'm glad she gets to be with her knight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, she really needed a happy ending I thought:)

      Delete