Chapter 26 - Dutchess of Armedale

Welcome to Chapter 26


"I think it's nonsense with the King! He has not been with any woman in his life. And after his father passed away we must secure a heir to the Kingdom!" Two servants from the court discussed the marriage state of their King, Florian.

"I do have a cousin in Armedale. I will send her a letter to come and stay for a visit. She is unmarried and truely beautiful." The man in the blue said while him and the other lady was making plans.


"All right then. Let us see if that would please the King." She said.

Two weeks later



"My King. This is Dutchess Helene Beatrix. She has come to stay for a visit, Your Grace." The servant introduced her.

Stunned by her beauty, Florian agreed. He was busy enough with taking care of Alduin, that had been throwing fire in the entire front yard.

"Well, she can stay. But if I may ask, what is your purpose here, Mi'Lady?" He asked Helene.

"Only to get away from my duties for a while, My King. When I heard of you staying in this marvelous summer residence, I had to come." She said. But this was not here true reasons for being here.


"I know that feeling." He smiled. Then he looked at his servant.

"Follow her to her noble chambers and make sure she had everything she needs." Florian demanded.

The servant nodded and they would go away for the night.


"Thank you, Your Grace." She bowed.


"Florian! Someone's at the entrance. Come, hurry." Princess Beatrice would call him.


"Who is this?" He asked. Beatrice had no idea, but she had been standing in the rain for hours before someone noticed her.


"Your Grace. My name is Fair Igaard. I lost my housebound and children to the war, I have no where to go. Please, I need your help." She bowed before him.


Florian loved his people more than anything in the world, and he would make sure that justice would meet this woman.

"All right. Do you have any skills or can you make yourself useful?" He asked her.



"I can sing, dance and play the piano, My King." She answered and he would think about it for a while.


"That's some quality skills. I will let you stay as Lady in Waiting for my little sister, Beatrice."


"You are too kind, sire! Thank you, oh thank you!" Fair almost squealed.

She had not dared to hope for something like this to happen, but was pleased with the proposal.


Beatrice also thought of it as a good idea. She could get lonely sometimes, always winning chess games as her servants would let their Princess win by any means. Maybe this noble lady could give her some company?

Yes, things seemed all jolly good at the Royal Summer residence, but mysterious things were yet to come.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Helene really is stunning. I just hope her personality matches up to her beauty if she plans on marrying the great king. I'm rooting for him to be better than his father and I hope he marries a good woman like his mother :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually up for some trama and drama LOL... I'm so mean... but Florian seems so perfect I want to see some fightin' before he's taken by someone... lol so evil. Why can't I just wish for nice calm happiness for the hero? But yes, Helene is really pretty, and so is Fair. Wait... why does Helene remind me of the Dragon Lady? Maybe it's the hair...

      Delete